R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Are setup stations worth it???
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
morkendi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Good read Morkendi,

Pretty close to what I try to do, though you go a few steps further.

The one thing I always do is put half a tank of fuel in with all the other running gear (Rx. batt, radio tray, motor, and pipe). My thinking is that when setting the buggy or truggy up with half a tank of fuel, the setup starts out a little off and then comes in and then goes out a little. That way the setup difference when running from a full tank to close to empty is very little. Whereas setting up the buggy or truggy with full fuel or no fuel, leaves the setup being off, to the point of feeling way off, at one end or the other. It might be just me though, but the weight of the fuel in the tank is a fair ammount to me. Enough to consider it when using the setup station.

Might mean more on the ride hieght measurment.
Really should not matter if you do it the same way every time, but I understand what you are saying. When I get to track, I fine tune according to track if needed, though most the time that is just ride height and tire change. I have a few pre built diffs and shocks with different fluids and such ready to go as well. I may change rear roll center every once and a while. I keep a jurnal that I write down the setup I end up with, and the station makes this possible. A page for each track so everything like ride hight, camber, even tires and conditions so everything falls into collums. Once you have been there a few times you start to see trends like what tires always work and such and you can make adjustments before you go.