R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Ultra GTP2e
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Joat
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ldivinag
2 things.

1. anyone find a way to get rid of the steering slop? i swear. i have another ofna SCT and that has a similar slop. i can twist each front tire so it can go like +/- 2 degrees each way...

2. the front upper arms. they have those little clips to adjust caster. but on mine, there is just a tiny gap, maybe like 1/16" so that the arm can slide back and forth... i thought about buying like a thin enough washer, or maybe a set of those clips... but at $6 for a set of those... sigh...
Sorry I forgot to answer to this
On the steering some of it come from the steering post, there was a ball bearing kit for the ultra series, I got the part # from SNR #31130,
http://www.nitrohouse.com/advanced_s...ee3231fa967bfd
The rest comes from the endlinks themselves ,maybe a dubro ball end ?
The front upper arms, yes I put some clutch bell shim washers, that did the trick, I did the samething to the rear since I have the rear pbs and torsion swaybar on mine car, I also run the front lower pin arm holder in the rear,since I dont need adjust toe via the rear lower pin arm,this sets the pins up just like the front so you dont have that awkward angle and allows the pin to rotate for less binding in the suspension,PBS rear is so much better, car is way more planted,torsion swaybar is so much better also