R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:02 AM
heretic
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
An option for "normal" shocks up front would be nice. Otherwise, it's a pretty interesting way of getting the battery down the middle and keeping it 4WD without going the Type-R route. It could be a really fun project car, especially as the hopups start hitting the market.
Originally Posted by squarehead
I love how so many armchair engineers here can tell just by looking how heavy it is, how well it will handle and how good of a race car it will be—just by looking at it. I'm thoroughly impressed at the level of skill and experience shown in just a glance at a photo.

I'm also betting that every time a company releases a car that looks like an Xray, you're also the first people to post, "It looks like everything else out there already!"

I love the outside-the-box thinking, as usual, by Tamiya. I don't care what anyone thinks it weighs by looking at the photo, I'm interested in getting one, for sure. I love my JRXS Type Rs and this pushes those ideas to the next level. I can't wait to see more of it.
Originally Posted by squarehead
I can't for the life of me figure out why Tamiya still sells kits with Phillips screws in them. Really pathetic. It adds $35 to the base price of any kit because the first thing you have to do is go and get a full set of hex head machine screws for it.

+1, +1 and +1. Precisely what I was thinking.

The more I look at it, the more I want one...