R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 PM
StickyFingaz
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX
Got through with most of my build tonight. Went to check the tweak and the chassis was rocking everywhere. It wasn't rocking due to tweak but lots of countersunk screw heads not sitting flush with the bottom of the chassis. They were in tight but a lot just don't sit flush. Anyone else had this problem? If so did you do additional countersinking or switch screws? Something else strange with the 5mm countersunk screws for the bottom of the chassis is that my 2mm hex driver wouldn't fit in them. I had to use my 2mm ball hex driver to tighten them.
Sounds pretty standard. Honestly, not the best build of the TC's out there. AE gave me a new chassis at the Reedy when I approached them about it, but I have yet to install it and see if it's any better. It had been almost half a year since I had touched a TC, and I just wanted to get on the track already and acclamate myself with just driving again.

What I've been doing to tweak the car is when the top deck is loose, i put my setup blocks underneath the diff and the spool of the car (where there are no screws) and from there I push down on the shock towers like normal before tightening down the deck. (I use the cross bar of my MIP tweak station to push down on the front and rear top towers simultaneously).

After I set the top-deck, I go through and set my droop and ride height. After that whole fiasco, I finally put the car on my tweak bar (MIP style) and it's usually spot on.

Having had an XRAY before this, it was a huge shock to me as well. I know it sounds a little haggard, but this method seems to be working.

Believe it or not, the car handles well despite it not lying flat on your setup board very nicely.

- Martin

Last edited by StickyFingaz; 06-01-2011 at 08:12 PM.