R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
1BLADE1
Tech Master

Originally Posted by baruke1
If your hub bearings blow out always replace BOTH the hubs and the bearings. If you only replace the bearings, they will blow again almost immediately. I also would recommend staying away from the cheap $1 bearings and using losi brand bearings or equivalent in crucial areas such as this.

I only had this problem when the 8T 2.0 first was released. Since then I have been running stock plastic hubs and losi bearings with no problems. I check them periodically for play and replacing them both once or twice a season.
well i would have to "Agree" if not replacing both rear hubs i could see the "Assumption" that things would blow out....as well as for using off brand Bearings...
However that not being my case....
i thought so to by "Using Losi Hardware" should be Better..???
but they were still blowing out....

Originally Posted by baruke1
It could also quite possibly be that the "Kit" plastics and bearings are not of the same quality or make as the replacement ones since simply replacing the parts solved my problem.

i thought "Maybe" this could be a "Variable Reason" as well....???
but it was the "Replacement parts" that were Failing......

i am trying to find as much as i can and "Weight" all the posabilities of if more people have this issue or is it just something that happens from time to time...????
i figure this weekend we'll take the trucks out and 2 new ones and see if we can get the new rear 8x16 bearings in the "Plastic" hubs to "Fail"