R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 06:21 PM
new2xxxs
Tech Rookie

Default XXXS

First, I would like to thank everyone for all the posts on this board. I printed it out as small as I coult read, and it was still 300+ pages! It has taken me a month to read what everyone has written. Based on what you guys have said I bought an xxxs.

Today was it's first practice and race. I wish I could say I TQ'd and lapped the field in the A, but I have never driven a TC, so it took a bit to get used to.

My question.
I am running on a very tight carpet track. In stock class, until I get better at driving TCs. There are a pair of 180 corners that unless I am purfectly smooth, the other cars pick up 10 feet on me coming out of them. I am thinking that the inside front tire is lifting and I am loosing power from that. I am running the box setup - plaid fronts / purple rears. which is what everyone else used (that's why I started there).

Based on my off experience (10+ years), I would stiffen up the rear springs. but I thought you guys could give me some better advice. Maybe I need a drastic change? I would rather not stiffen up the rear, because as the traction compound wears off, the rear end frees up (loose). I kinda like that, because I was able to get real aggressive in the last 2 minutes - passed a lot of guys then.

I have no other complaints about this car at all. From the first battery pack, I was able to do laps within 1 second of the fastest guys, but I couldn't be consistant do to tire lifting deal.

Thanks again for all your posts.