R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 PM
bshookup
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Dial-a-Grip Severe Force testing Complete!!

Weather for later in the week looked bad so I took half the day off and hit the track.....HARD!.

Good news and Bad...Starting with the Bad... 6 full 10 minutes packs--pulled 1 Speedmind wheel right thru the hex, busted 2 blades, destroyed 1 outdrive as the result, ruined body, and the grand finally that ended the day...a busted servo saver. Twice on the lid, twice over the pipe, and prob. 20+ impacts from all angles.

Had to be done, and I guarantee nobody at Reedy that I gave to test these will put their cars thru what I did today. Just one of these runs would have severly loosened the stock blocks, no doubt in my mind.

Now the good starting with the TC6 after what I put it through it did awesome, and no broken plastic parts (other then blades).

The Dial-a-Grip lock blocks were checked after every round, They were checked for loosening and developing play from twist, and they were checked for movement along the slot axis and changing the roll center angle. ZERO, and I mean ABSOLUTE ZERO movement....!! You can quickly check if they moved up along the slot axis but simply checking the small amount of tension in the set screw. If they moved there would no longer be tension and you'd feel it. Then they were double checked with a dial indicator on the PitBoss, and confirmed... absolute dead locked and solid.

We have a winner here coming real soon. Just waiting for feedback from the
other elite test animals on running with various setups to ship the batch 1 parts, and batch 2 is in motion.
I got the chance to put my set of dail-a-grips through the paces today, and they worked flawlessly. I didn't put mine through the intentional pounding that it sounds like Verndog did, but I was on my lid a couple times and hit a barrier or two, and my blocks had ZERO movement. I was able to shim my arms so that they had no slop, and by the end of the day, they still had no slop. I have two TC6s, and I ran mod with one and 17.5 with the other today for a club race. The car that had the Dial-A-Grips, had no slop issues all day, and my car with the stock blocks had to be checked and tightened after every run. Nice job creating these Verndog. They are winners.