R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Speyederjedi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Anybody run a Werks B6 in their GT? I want an engine for my 1/7 DM-1 that will also make a good buggy engine.. Keep going between Argus, Alpha and co. on the one hand, and maybe a Werks on the other..(would require ordering from the States..) Seems near impossible to find consensus of what the ideal engine for these GT cars is.. I know I don't want a 28(even though I have a new Losi 454 sealed up, clutched, and ready to go..) cuz of the fuel consumption. I also want a screaming top end..

Also, again, somebody recommended getting a Kyosho clutch-bell with Evolva pinions, in order to be able to run normal-size clutch bearings(I don't like the .5x.8 bearings in the stock Ofna DM-1 CB) Anyway, I ordered and received the right parts, and the Kyosho CB looks really thin - as in I don't think it'll cover the shoes on my new Ascendancy clutch.. Will it?

Herrsavage,

I run the new Jim Hottinger designed Fusion X28 in my DM-1 and to deal with run-time I dropped in the Kyosho 150cc fuel tank from their inferno GT car. This motor has loads of bottom end power and still plenty of top end. My concern with the .21 motors is the power to weight ratio of the 1/8 GT cars in comparison to the 1/8 on-road cars the .21 on-road motors were designed for. I know my DM-1 was close to 9 lbs. with the stock set-up. I have made several mods which have brought the car down to about 7 lbs. so now I'm not as concerned running a .21 on-road motor. I recently ordered a Novarossi Kangaroo .21 to try out on this kit. We'll see how it goes. If you're still at the stock weight you may want to consider running a .28 and take a look at the LRP28 engine. It's supposed to be the best bang for the buck.

Regards,

speyederjedi