R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice which kit to buy?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Team T2C
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by moisesing
Hi all I am looking for help because I want to get back into off road Buggy racing but I last night I was looking into buying a buggy but I wasn't able to do it because I don't know which one to buy.
I will say that I am not a beginner but definitely not an expert so I need to understand what is the easier car to drive, have good quality in parts and must important is not expensive to maintain.
I used to have Mugen MBX5 then the first edition of the Xray 808 and from my experience both cars were pretty good, easy to drive and setup and with quality products at a reasonable price.
A few days ago I went to my local track and was able to drive a Losi 8ight, and I was not able to control the car, I felt that every time I tried to go faster and push the car I will start making a lot of mistakes making the car difficult to drive, I don't know if it was a matter of settings or simply that the car needs a more patient type of driven because I dont have that so I guess a need a car that is more forgiven.
Also I was able to see a Durango and a Hot Bodies but honestly both cars look to me to heavy and kind of slow, to me it was like looking at Mack trucks racing mini coopers. Again that was my point of view I might be wrong even I am thinking that might be the guys behind the wheel, but I was also able to look at more detail the Durango car and to me it is a very heavy car, it actually remember me my first Buggy and Ofna 9.5.
On the other hand I saw able to see the Agama, the Serpent and the new Mugen and I really liked them, they looked very sharp and yet not so difficult to drive. I guess from my previous experience from the MBX5 that the Mugen will be a good car but I keep wondering of the other two.
The Agama looks like a Losi so I dont know if the at the end it will be like driven a Losi so as I said before it will not be the right car for me. And the I have nothing to say of the serpent I saw it running it looked nice but I know nothing about the car.
So I will appreciate every input, advice and feedback that you can give me to make the right choice.

Thanks to all that are will to help and also I forgot the JQ, I really liked the car I have never see one live only what I see over the internet so please if you have a JQ Car or have drive one please let me know.

choose a brand that your local shop/track stocks the parts for.... that is a good start, because along with parts comes the support and knowledge of the other racers.....

all kit are close in quality and drive ability.

good luck