R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
eevul
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
When was the last time you changed your front springs? They will collapse over time, especially the left one on a counter clockwise track and vice versa. Also, are you gluing the side walls on the front tires? That will calm the car down. Are the tire sizes even left to right? How long is the sauce on for? At least 15 minutes?

What are you setting the ride height at? Sometimes a slightly higher front height can help if your car is not getting traction. Another part that might help you is the 3.5mm offset steering arms. They will help the car track straighter and take away a bit of steering.

Also, make sure your body is not fouling the wires or rear pod in any way. If you have to raise it up, do it.

Here is a setup for a VERY high bite track with A foams:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...MmFkMjU2&hl=en
The front springs were changed for our last TCS race here. If I remember correctly, my ride height is 5mm front and 3 to 3.5mm rear. I have also added some weight to the rear of the car and it did seem to help some. I had also tried letting the sauce sit for 10 to 15 minutes. I don't have the 3.5mm offset and I have been trying to get some of those but hard to find them up here. In my opinion, the car has way too much steering so the offset steering arms might help. I took the entire rear assembly apart before our last TCS race and made sure that everything was correct (not binding, stripped, broken, or whatever). The car still had the same issue. I am running a Futaba 9652 servo and I have turned down the EPA and EXP.

I will check the body height for clearance and then mess around with the support trays and see if there is an issue there. Heck, I might just strip the entire car and rebuild it again just to see if I missed something. Thanks for the suggestions so far.