R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products
Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM
THE PHILLY JYNX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn
Thats what i was wondering, seems awesome though!!
No all 3 shoes/spring tensions are fully adjustable in a range from .7 up to 1.5 or so. After 3 weekends of racing this clutch set up I have a new outlook on what clutch tuning to track conditions really means and how when set up properly you can take full advantage of what this system allows you to do...

So in layman's terms here's an example. Think of your standard automatic transmission. A standard 3 or 4 shoe setup is like putting your car in neutral tacking 2200 rpms and dropping it in drive!!! The Buku is like being at a complete stop in drive sitting there idling and pushing on the gas. completely different feel and the end result is faster acceleration with less throttle input since we run on dirt not asphalt. Also the earlier clutch engagement means less fuel is burned from the crank case volume do to the lower rpms needed to engage the clutch with allows for a leaner buttom and better run times..I found the run time to be the little added bonus.

Last edited by THE PHILLY JYNX; 05-25-2011 at 07:59 PM.