R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM
HB-forever
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by David Galdo
There is some work to be done and it may not be worth it in the end with all the other options available.

But if you must... you will need to slowly and carefully drill the outdrives to allow the larger ball end of the ECS dog bone to fit. The ECS pin is smaller so you could find an end cap that will work or press the pin out. If you press the pin out, the hole will have to be drilled just smaller than the HB pins you will have pressed out of the old HB dog.

Take note, the axle is a tad bit shorter than the HB's, so when you put on the wheel hex and tighten the wheel to it, you will be up against the bearings and that is not good. I had to use a Tamiya hex to fix that problem.

In the end, this process is a PITA!

I have returned to a regular axle and dog bone setup with sleeves holding the axle pin in place, not a grub screw. I am using Top steel axles so I still had to press HB pins into them...

I found nearly no advantages to running the ECS. After awhile they wear and are costly to repair/replace compared to a regular set of drive shafts.

My .02...
Hi

Okey , it.s because I have MASSIVE wheel shattering in almost all turns. Right now I use stock spool and outdrives and the HB/HPI steel axles as I mentioned a litttle earlier. Any Ideas ??

Thanks Mike