R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM
J-PaP
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Tamiya F201 has been a car I have wanted since it first came out and I never got a chance to get one back then. I was out of RC for a few years and just got back into it this year and came across one that while was used. It had some parts on it that made it worth getting and enough spares to build x2 and possibly x3 cars. So what started off as this:

Then after some browsing on the internet I ordered all this:

After some assembly we have this:

I've tried to get everything I could for it. Some of the harder to get stuff was:

FPM alloy arms
FPM carbon brace kit (which I haven't used all of as I can't work out where some of the pieces go since I don't have the instructions)
3racing alloy uprights
Tobee threaded shocks (I didn't fit them in the end as I didn't like the amount of shaft play in it)
Tobee spur adaptor (I've fitted a 21.5 d3 in it and the 49t spur is a bit too small to get the ratio I want. I'll have to find myself some spurs (50t-53t) before I fit it)

It has been raining though since I finished so I haven't been able to drive it anywhere outside of the garage. I'm still working on the body though so will post pictures of that when it is done.

I was surprised it was only 30g heavier than my xray t3 '11 without a battery. But with a battery because it can't fit square packs and I have to use the batteries from my mini it ends up being 40-50g lighter in the end.