R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ARC Raceway....Temecula CA 2011
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 AM
revrace
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HH
Yes, there has been a Open Electric Buggy class offered at ARC during the Spring Shootout but that does not qualify as being a replacement for classes based on driver skill level. You should request them to offer a Open Nitro Buggy class which would be the only true equivalent if it is to be fair.
Not that I really want to get involved, but this statement is completely false. There is a "sportsman buggy" class for any and all "sportsman" drivers but it is definitely implied that it is a "nitro" class. The electric guys race in this class when there are not enough of them to form their own class. In the case of the Spring Shootout, there IS an "electric buggy" class and all "electric buggy's" should be racing that class ONLY. It would be great if there were enough electric buggy's to be able to split the class into skill levels but since there are not you have to race with everyone else that has the EXACT SAME CAR YOU DO. Its kiind of like the good old days when everyone raced each other and if you were the best "sportsman driver out there" you won the "C" main. If for some reason, 10 "Pro" Truggy's show up and only one "Sportsman" Truggy, would it then be OK for the single Sportsman Truggy to now race the "Sportsman Buggy" Class? After all, it is the only class that matches the drivers skill level. I personally think the one single "Sportsman" driver should race with the rest of the drivers that are wheeling the EXACT SAME CAR. That seems fair to me.