R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ARC Raceway....Temecula CA 2011
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RickyBobby619
First and for most it was a nitro heat so it shouldn't of had to be announced...
First and foremost it is the Sportsman Buggy class that I race in because my skill level is that of a Sportsman.

My position has already been clearly stated regarding the fact that in this particular race, for the first time ever in my history of racing at ARC, there was no pre-race notice or reminder that all electric buggies would be called in to pit at approx the 7 minute marker, and in fact I was never called in to pit at any point in this race even though the standard procedure at ARC Raceway since I began racing has always been to receive a pre-race notice and then actually be called in about half-way through the race by the Announcer/Race Director 100% of the time.

Once again, I am not saying this somehow relieves me of my responsibility to make a simulated pit stop, and it is not intended to be an excuse, but rather as a simple explanation about some of the circumstances that were contributing factors in my forgetting to make a pit stop.

... but regardless almost all e buggy drivers know that when racing in a nitro heat get called in for a 5 second hold on the wall why would this race be an exception? That's what I question...
Again, I race in the Sportsman Buggy class!

And you are correct, this race is not an exception! When electric and nitro buggies are in the same race at ARC almost all e buggy drivers know they will get called in for a simulated pit stop.

The key words in your statement are "get called in".

I will take this opportunity to also point out that you've never had to hear me whine about the 5-seconds on the wall which I know is giving up some time to the fastest fuel stops of my competitors. In the Sportsman Buggy A-Main in round 2 of this series I was called in to pit with no other cars on pit lane and the two buggies that were approx 2 to 3-seconds behind me also came in to pit, by the time I was counted down and taken off the wall both of these competitors had fueled and were already exiting pit lane back on to the track costing me two positions. Is that fair? Of course not, but it doesn't have any impact on my life or prevent me from having fun racing.

Most times not following rules of a race calls for a DQ not taking off seconds... IMHO?
I don't disagree with you here. "Most times" DQ would probably be in order for most rule violations. Although, it should never call for a DQ at "all times" regardless of the infraction. That would be not make any sense given the fact that as humans we have the ability to reason and there are many different levels of severity for rule violations. In those cases where it is clear that a driver blatantly and intentionally violated a well established rule of a race in order to improve their position, I think almost everyone would agree that disqualification is in order. However I believe any unbiased person would conclude that is clearly not the case in this matter and the corrections already made by Dan and Gary are totally fair for everyone that it concerns.

Not really creating drama... jus putting facts out there and myself and others get it but Wow racing toy cars has resulted in threats?
... I agree but why make threats if it is toy cars and a family fun hobby?
Yes, you and anthony are creating unnecessary drama by continuing with all of this inflammatory dialogue.

I cannot help you with how you choose to interpret things and regardless of any "spin" you may try to put on it, there has been no threats of any kind made by me that have anything to do with the fact that, for me this is a family hobby that is supposed to be about having fun racing toy cars. (although dealing with all of this pointless drama sure is a fun killer)

(Hypothetical)
Suppose you throw the first stone at someone and that person does not throw one back at you, but instead they choose to give you a fair warning that if any more stones are hurled in their direction that will be considered as an offensive and hostile attack by you and that they will defend themselves by any means necessary and that the outcome will surely be regretful for all involved.
Who do you think is in the wrong in this scenario?
Do you consider the issuing of the fair warning to be a threat? I don't.
I consider that to be a form of kindness and consideration. I think the person throwing stones is the one issuing threats and it is their fully informed choices that will control the direction this scenario takes. Don't throw stones, its bad for everyone.

But honestly why was a e buggy in the nitro class when they had there own class?

Again, we are discussing the Sportsman Buggy class, there is no nitro class.

Ever since brushless motors and LiPo batteries became the standard for electric RC vehicles, 1:8 scale Electric and Nitro off-road buggies have been competing against each other at ARC Raceway as well as at the majority of all RC racetracks across the country, in classes that are based on the skill level of the drivers which is the proper way to classify RC racing. The differences in race times/lap times between driver skill levels is enormous and the differences in race times/lap times between a 1:8 scale electric buggy and a 1:8 scale nitro buggy is virtually non-existent. If there is any measurable advantage it goes to the nitro buggies being approx. 0.5 seconds per lap faster on average than the electric buggies (I'd be happy to send copies of the detailed racing data that supports this to any one that wants it).

And you (Ricky Bobby) have been competing in the Sportsman Buggy class against me ever since I first began racing yet I have never heard of you protesting this at any time prior to this. It is interesting though that the first and the only time I have managed to finish in front of your nitro buggy with my electric buggy is also the first time you've chosen to protest about nitro and electric racing together. (albeit 5 weeks after the fact )

Yes, there has been a Open Electric Buggy class offered at ARC during the Spring Shootout but that does not qualify as being a replacement for classes based on driver skill level. You should request them to offer a Open Nitro Buggy class which would be the only true equivalent if it is to be fair.

And in the private sportsman meeting I was under the impression that all e buggies running in the nitro class... there first race would be a throwout....
Gary addressed this in his recent post and it was also clearly stated at that meeting.

I'm sure most people are tired of this, especially Dan and Gary, (I know I am) with the only exceptions apparently being those who insist on creating the drama by diggin' up bones and makin' mountains out of mole hills... do us all a favor and move on with your life because this horse was beat to death a long time ago. Lets get back to having fun racing toy cars.