R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 PM
turb06le240
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by teknic
That's true, this Slash is only 2 weeks old so I may just hold off and see if it sells. I may end up just trading him rollers if I did would a VXL system power one of these until I had the money to upgrade to something bigger? It seems like you guys are running some low turn/big motors in them.
Everyone has different preferences for motors, I run a 6.5 ballistic with an rs pro 11t pinion and it flies, my truck is pretty light {Bump machined chassis, a bunch of carbon fiber, ect}, and I tried a couple 550's I prefer the 6.5 540 its a monster.. A friend of mine is running a Tekin rx8 with a tekin sc motor and once Im in front of him he can never get around me, we have raced 5-6 times and he cant catch my truck, he played with gearing and settings, but can not come around me... Although a kid at the track has a havok pro with an lrp octa wind 6.5 and he is the only truck that actually comes down to driver skill, he runs fast BONE STOCK except for steering ball bearings and he is always rite behind me {hasnt came around yet, but we have only raced 3 times}.. Just comes down to preference... I think under 5lbs 540 over 5lbs 550....