R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 PM
rcfiend
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hi. forward bite and side bite definately work hand in hand, if i were going threw a corner in front of somebody at equal speed but coming off of the corner the car behind could pull me in, i would say that my car needs more forward bite. in many cases this could be my car just rolling too much threw the corner causing the car to not be in position to accelerate well or it could be tire prep or a number of other things. side bite to me is simply how much corner speed the car has, more side bite (as long as it is ballanced front and rear) the more corner speed the car will have.

I suggest starting with the new clamps at the middle legnth position with no shimms underneath the ball studs all the way around. with the middle suspension pin holders i would suggest 4mm under the hub on the outside of the rear and 1mm under the outer link at the caster block.

Thanks
Thanks Paul. I was under the impression that you could not run the 0 shims on the clamps because the ball stud would not seat completely. If that's the case Is there a work around for this?