R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Looking good buggy8!

Not sure if this has been asked but is JC working on an over tray for the SC10 4X4? If they are, is there an ETA on them?
Not yet; we were thinking that they would have their own by now. Maybe we can get one done faster .

I run on a indoor clay track. When its damp I love the gold bar codes! But now that summer is upon us it gets really dry. There is a definite line to stay in or if you get out of it it feels like ur on ice. So what tires would you recommend for this dry condition? Because ill wear out a rear set of gold Barcodes in one race night. I love the tires and your brand but these gotta be a better tire or compound for this condition..thanks!
What class are you running? Normally when a track drys out; tire wear go's way up regardless of make/compound. We normally run blue or green when it gets dry, but they will also wear very fast.

I've noticed tires come to life with a simple green scrub down and towel dry. what's with that stuff that makes them gummy?
does it also reduce life?
There is obviously something in simple green that seems to react well with the rubber, but I don't think it really shortens the life of the tire like some of the really harsh chemicals in tire traction.