R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Mandirigma
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by texastc
I've read this thread front to back and I'm convince that I'm buying one. But I want to hear more on how it drives to convince me to buy it sooner rather than later. So let's hear it.
I've just finished my first big race weekend with the car. Im running 21.5 bl with no timing on the esc as per race rules with an orion pro stock motor geared with a 2.94fdr. I've updated quite a bit of parts being the following:

Narrow CF Lipo chassis
CF Top Deck (Soft)
Alum Bulkheads front and rear
Upgraded threaded Shocks (3racing Zero part)
Vertical motor mount

First off, iMO, the car handled really well. I finished 8th in the A-main up against a field predominantly made up of T3's. The car responds predictably to chassis adjustments which means to me that parts are relatively well machined and true. However when i did bin it i found that i needed to put it back on a set up board to get settings back into place more often than the Xrays. Aside from that i have no complaints. A lot of people on the track were pretty impressed at well at the level of the kit given its price.

Im not sure how it will respond running faster motors but for the class that im in at the moment it does just fine.