R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
CR0SS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am loving this car. It is a blast to drive and batteries last forever!

This was really the first time driving on road outside and driving on road in over ten years. I cannot believe the difference in handling with the sun. When I first started driving the back of the car would spin around very easy. The sun was out on the track making things very hot(tires sitting in the sun were 100F). I did sweep the line but there was some dust left over. Some clouds rolled in and suddenly the back of the car was stuck and the car was pushing. A dust free line was also starting to develop. The one problem I had all day was the front end chattering. In the longer corners you could see the front wing bouncing up and down through the corner. I was running 1.5 camber and moved it to 2 but the chatter was still there. I am going to go back to 1.5 since the tire wear was more even. The next change I think I should try is front springs, what would you guys suggest?

Here is some video from today. With the car pushing it was making driving a tight line difficult. Also the battery died on the camera before I really started to get the feel of the car and could work on hitting better lines.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.