R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper Star build pics...
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 AM
H9
Tech Adept

Default Hyper Star build pics...

A new Hyper Star happened to end up in my car yesterday - may have been something to do with stopping in at Ryper Hobbies for a new clutch bell!

After seeing Kev Duffys half completed one at RRC last weekend, I realised just how much has changed from the Hyper 9, so instead of getting the upgrade parts I opted for the new buggy. So I'll take a few pics along the way as I build it and post them up here.... all images are clickable to larger versions.

The Hyper Star has a few additionaly goodies in it for the Australian market, including a handy carry bag that the box goes into once you've emptied it of parts - much like the bag the Hyper 7 used to come in all those years ago.

This is the first Hobao kit that comes as a complete build - they have always been 80% built in the past. Like other manufacturers, parts come in numbered bags that relate to the 'instruction' manual. Also included for Australia is the 4mm extended GL chassis, the optional alloy chassis braces, a Team Hobao black t-shirt, and a set of the new Hobao 'Fire' tyres (appear to be soft compound). NB - these additional items (including the bag) only come when purchased through an Australian shop. Good to see distributors doing something to entice people back into shops and away from internet ordering.

Front and center diffs are 6 gear, with a 4 gear rear diff:

Thats it for now, more as it progresses...