R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Mandirigma
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
The bearing holder has as been said before a dot that should be pointing downwards in the manual.
If you adjust the belt with this bearing holder the dot on the bearing holder points on both sides forward or backwards.
On the right side it should be as djoefromreal said standing clockwise 35 minutes and when you turn the car around and look to the left side bearing holder on 25 minutes.
Looking then at the top rear of the car they are then both in the same position,pointing backwards.
Try it and you will see what he means.

regards Roy
Oh I see...i must have misunderstood. Yes, both sides have to have the same orientation. The clock thing through me off and when i thought about it a bit more i see what you guys are getting at my bad.

hopefully disassembling the diffs and checking the seals and trying to tighten the screws evenly should solve the problem.

I now have a question of my own...has anyone else noticed how tight the belts are? Ive adjusted the diffs to try and ease off some tightness in the belts but even at their loosest setting the belts are still considerably tighter than other tc's ive tried.

I know the belts will eventually loosen with age but i figure as they are they must create a considerable amount of rolling resistance.