R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robzzz
What I dont understand is how someone can purchase the new 2.1 gt ex speedo with the advertised Supercharger software as stated above and then receive it and it not have those functions and be told you have to have to buy a separate programmer card to get those functions.

I need a new esc within the next 2wks and I am on the fence between the 2.1 pro stock and a kinetic. The only thing holding me back from getting the pro stock now is I keep getting conflicting answers as to if the Included card that comes with the esc can adjust the supercharger settings. Some ppl say it can then others say settings 1-10 only appear. Which is it? Should you be able to set the supercharger settings with the included card? Yeah I know you can buy the extra card for $30 but is it to much to ask to be able to used adveritised options without having to purchase something else. And on top of that I would buy the box but its never instock.
I have a brand new just opened Pro stock 2.1 esc, the included box DOES have the ability to program the supercharger functions, however if you wish to change to a different software, 205 mod, 508 blinky, 323 boost, you will need the extra programming box, and access to a computer, the pro stock that i recieved has the boost software already loaded, so the included box is all that I need to adjust it. the thing about the SP is you have many options of which software to use, that is why it is this way, its not just boost or no boost as with the other escs, which btw, if you want the best performance out of, you will have to buy their hot wire, link, usb cable or what ever.