R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - D8 Problems
Thread: D8 Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
j_blaze14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fievel
i have broken a wing mount, but i dont really count this one cause it was a bad crash, the parts i break a lot are the steering ball ends (2 times) and the shock ball ends(4 times). i have also broken both of the front cvds along with two broken tanks. all of this has happened with in the last two weeks. they have all also occured by themselves so its not like i had one crash and all of this happened. its like a plague. I have started running the buggy almost everyday for the past two weeks. so i keep up with maintaining it. is this normal I havent been able to finish a race, it sucks paying $25 to get only 5 min of total race time. I really do love how this thing drives so i hope it works itself out. thanks again
steering ball ends take a lot of stress, are they breaking or stripping out or just popping out? i have hb inners and ae outers just to clear the wheels, no issues.

shock ends, again are they breaking or stripping out? if stripping out make sure threads are clean before you put on new end. also set the droop screw to catch the arm at the bottom. i've seen guys run full droop and no set screw and end up with a tendency to wobble around the track with a busted shock end.

front cvd's, sorry, 6 months and they are gonna be done, any brand. if you have epa maxed out it puts extra strain on them as they rotate. keep an eye on these and rebuild when they get sloppy.

broken tanks, where exactly? door, crack, clunk, nipple, mount? i had the rear screw pop off once, just pulled out over the head. installed bigger washer and issue done.

hope these help. maybe its time to retire this buggy and start a new chassis and keep this one for spares or practice/setup car.