R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4.1 FT/WC
Thread: RC10B4.1 FT/WC
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Andy Davis
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by inconceivable
All this talk regarding shocks has me thinking. I've built and run several dozen on and off road cars over the decades, however these V2 shocks have me stumped. Just started running the B4.1 using Cav's setup but can not seem to get these shocks the way I'd like. If this makes sense, they seem to me to react like a shock that's missing oil, all the action seems to come from the spring with little action / resistance being provided by the oil. I've even watched the V2 video on the web site but this is exactly how I'm building / maintaining these shocks. Any secrets into getting these shocks setup are appreciated. PS, very cool write up above regarding diffs.
Ive noticed this too, browns seemed a little to springy when I raised and dropped the front end on the table. I went from a #2 piston to a #3 and black kyosho spring, this did seem to help, not as much bounce on the front end. Next Ill go up a tick on the oil and get the red front kyosho springs. It also help alot with my corner entry and mid corner steering.