R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - can't decide on new buggy?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM
lewis666
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Illbreakthat
Lewis.. I can understand your frustrations, I was in the same boat as you undecided about what car? what motor? what electric gear (radios/servos) I was about to give up as well with racing but why lose faith in yourself? You think your not fast enough? This hobby can be discouraging on SO many levels as we all look up to the fastest guys in the planet! We all want the best setups (that dont work for us) we even want to wheel our cars around the track like the fastest guys there. Just as I was about to give up on racing I realised what this hobby was really all about. I found its about getting out and hanging with a group of people and having a fun time spitting dirt all over the track, its about going out and having a laugh.. meeting new people. Although I agree taking home the win is always a plus and what a grin it can leave on your face (not to mention it gives you bragging rights till the next race day) but you have to think of it in a bigger picture.

I have spent and wasted a lot of money changing cars, motors, radio gear in an endless pursuit to find the best combination but I have found out the best thing to do is find a unit that you are comfortable with and stick with it. Find something that you can get a good parts supply, and help when you need it. trying to be first as I have found out isnt always within reach no matter how much money you spend on a car, but if you can leave the track with a smile on your face cause you had a blast out there.. thats the priceless part of this hobby.

This may all be a bunch of hokey to some but its something that I have learned.

Remember to have fun everytime your on the track!

Jay.
hi Jay,

that was very well said. i understand where you are coming from. i was competitive end of last year but this year really seems to be going bad for me. i have been failing at my 8th nitro and 10th electric for the past few months. i am starting to give up on myself because i seem to have the lost the spirit i had for racing. i used to enjoy racing but i seem to have lost the enjoyment i enjoy meeting people at the track and having a laugh i have gained new friend and i have a laugh with them it is just when it comes down to the racing aspect i get disheartened.

many thanks for the kind words

lewis