R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC 1/10 Pan Car
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ground-round
Hi Guys,
I got my LE built, but have some questions. I apologize if they've been covered before, but there are a lot of pages to cull through on this thread.

On the set up sheets that can be found on the CRC website, there are some adjustments that aren't mentioned in the instruction manual that came with my kit:

Rear end Droop: - how do you adjust droop on this car?
Rear steer: ?? this isnt' an oval car. Why is it on the setup sheet. I must be missing something?
Front end Upper Arm Length: I only had one set of upper arms to choose from. What is the adjustment?
Front end Chassis Stiffener: what is this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
ADJUST REAR DROOP BY SCREWING/UNSCREWING THE BALL END ON THE SHOCK SHAFT. SHORTER IS LESS/LONGER IS MORE.

PUTTING THIN WASHERS UNDER BOTH FRONT BALLENDS OF THE SIDE LINKS CREATES REAR STEER IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. CONVERSELY, PLACING THOSE SAME WASHERS UNDER THE REAR BALLENDS CAN CALM THE CAR WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MUCH STEERING.

OPTIONAL LONG UPPER ARMS ARE AVAILABLE. THEY DECREASE THE AMOUNT OF CAMBER CHANGE AS THE FRONT SUSPENSION GOES UPWARD.

THE "CHASSIS STIFFENER" WAS FOR THE OLDER GEN-X 10 PRO CHASSIS. I DON'T USE IT ON MY LE CHASSIS; BUT, TOP FRONT BRACES ARE AVAILABLE FROM AFTERMARKET COMPANIES TO STIFFEN UP THE FRONT END.

Bill