R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Macintosh should make a speed control
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Mahalaleel
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stl10scale
BashemSmashem good point! Most of them are. My point was that most of the people who have a problem with their products have never even used them.

Mahalaleel I would argue you're right but you're not really comparing spec for spec when you look at the os and software. You can definitely buy a pc with the same specs as a mac for a lesser price but that doesn't equal the same performance.

The Mac OS does run a lot more efficiently than Windows does. Running both OS's on the same machine the Mac OS will run longer faster and smoother. The only real advantage of the PC I think is for gaming and spreadsheets.

PC's are great for gaming only because it has been the platform for developers and hackers and everything is designed to run on a pc not mac os. I think over time as the % of Mac users is growing the game development will start to shift.

Another factor that goes into the price of a mac is the included software that you wouldn't normally get with a PC. You get a pretty state of the art creative suite for editing and sharing photos, music, videos and dvds that you would have to pay a lot more to get with a pc.

They're definitely not for everyone but for someone who wants a user friendly, high performing, long lasting, virus free entertainment center and personal computer a macbook is pretty tough to beat. I think a 30 second start-up after 3 years and never purchasing an anti-virus software of any kind is pretty impressive!
I can understand the part about the packaged software. I'll have to wait and see if I still get a 20 second boot in a few years.