R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 AM
smilekt
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
As I have kept saying on here the hobbywing adds TURBO once the criteria are met regards FULL THROTTLE and DELAY.

If you mash the throttle to Full for the set amount of time, it will add in your TURBO regardless of how much timing has already been added. This is why so much heat is generated if you are heavy fingered.

I have explained this so many times here in the past.

EXAMPLE:

if your ESC is set at:-

46 BOOST
18 TURBO
18 SLOPE
0.2s DELAY

You power from standstill and hit full throttle, lets say that so far you have used 20 points of the available BOOST (By the time your delay has been met) The ESC will dump 18 units of TURBO in 0.1s adding up to 38 Units. Once this has been added it will then continue to Add BOOST (as before) until the 64 UNIT limit is reached.

THIS is why many people feel that they don't FEEL a Turbo action coming in like a TEKIN et al, the ESC will dump on the programmed amount of TURBO at any point in the rev range that you HIT FULL THROTTLE and meet the programmed DELAY.

This is why if you are heavy on the throttle, you build up masses of heat in the motor as quite often you are trying to dump a lump of Turbo timing right at the bottom of the REV Range.

People say there is a bug here or a bug there, there isn't. It is the way you drive, this is why it is best to get on the track and start making adjustments to settings as each person drives in a different way.

THATS why I say be careful copying my settings, as what works for me may not work for you.

Does it make sense now ???

thank cherry .. but one more question .. boost timing can mix with turbo timing ? i sure if this happen will generate more heat .. correct me if im wrong ..

my suggestion is .. good if we can use higher boost timing for make motor more strong... & after have full throttle the boost timing will disable all balance boost timing & only use turbo timing for acceleration .. so turbo timing will run it self for top speed so hope can reduce motor temp .
correct me again if im wrong ..