R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 04-03-2011, 03:28 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccartips
Cheap esc are cheap esc, it's simple.

Cheap esc but great quality (e.g. Hobbywing), so I assume there are cheap batteries but great quality as well.
Your statement is true yes but the only reason why hobbywing keeps the price low is because of cheap labour and because they choose to or else believe me the price would be more to the likes of tekin and lrp .There are cheap esc's out there that claim can run low turn motors say from hobbyking made by skyrc and ztw and trust me they cant they burn out very quickly.

As for the batterys out of hobbyking or any other low cost entity yes they are cheap but very inconsistant thats why they offer 30 days warranty and please dont return cycle life about 30-50cycles max and if lucky a little more .They are very inconsistant and you might be the lucky one to receive a good pack say 20 pieces out of 100 are good but the rest a very low grade it all depends on manufacture i know as im in those factories around dongguan china every 6 weeks and believe me the quality is very low and the testing procedures are none excistant would never pass united nations recommendations.The current drop is not linear but very sudden .

some racers do think that the puffing/swelling is caused by excessive current draw say a not so true c rating in a way yes and in a way no .A good quality battery will not allow anymore current to be drawn from the pack if it's grid is manufactured properly see were alot of poor packs dont care about the grid and the packs do swell as they are used as an uncontrolled device (give me all i want )were the top pack will give you its max it can and no more .contamination 90% c rating 10%

anyway back to hobbywing .