R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Shawn68z
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
I see contradiction:

"the cel will only be dropped and never be recovered is when you over discharge the battery during discharge on load or discharging the battery with the charger and going below its cutoff which is manufactured in the cell"

then you say:

"battery swells its because of contamination of chemistry caused from factory during manufacture with no controlled environment and not over discharging or over charging"

and then you correct yourself by:

"Cells will drop only when allowed to drop below the built in cutoff off of the cell and for the accurate cutoff you will have to ask the manufacturer of your battery as all manufacturers vary "
Its not a contradition. I have a lipo cell that over discharged. It no longer puts out the proper voltage (its a 4s pack for an airplane), and i am unable to charge the battery properly. It has 1 cell that refuses to charge.
The pack has _NOT_ swollen. I have also seen acouple of racers thats still race with swollen packs, and their cells are working fine (Might be a ticking time bomb, but thats another problem.) :-)

So, the two problems are not always directly related.