R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Mandirigma
Tech Apprentice

Default Greetings!

Hi All. Ive been lurking on this thread for a couple of weeks and will all the praise ive been reading on this site, ive gone ahead and taken the plunge and purchased a Sakura Zero S.

Thankfully there is a shop that carries it locally in my country and i got the item in two days. I am now three days into the build (I am taking my time doing two or three pages at a time every night) and am near completion. As everyone has already expressed I do agree that for the price that you pay for this kit, I am very impressed with the quality and fit of components. Granted its not as polished as the more expensive cars however you cant compare the two as they are more like apples and oranges. If someone wants an orange, you cant expect them to be satisfied if they get an apple.

I want to get back into RC racing after a 11 year hiatus so naturally im going to start in a novice class where 540motors are the control motors. Given the stock gearing what pinion should i be aiming for to get the perfect FDR? Also, what recommendations do people have for ESC's and batteries for the 540 motor?

Budget racing will be the course of the day for me so i will run the car as close to stock and really just start upgrading parts when i feel ive gotten the most i can out of the stock set up.