R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Dragula426
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will give you guys a little set-up help...I went thru all the same things as posted to get it to turn in....

The main problem with these is the lack of front weight, and weight transfer. To fix this, lay the battery down, and re drill all the holes so its nearly touching the front steering post. Mine almost touches it. Now grind the front diff case for max turning radius. I also run a custom V-shaped steering link for more ackerman, but I don't have too many extras, but the rest I posted should help a ton

For the shocks, drill the rears out to .048" in all four holes and put 40wt oil in them. For the fronts drill two holes to .048 and two to .062" and put 50wt oil in them.

The sway bar is needed, but the stock .080" one is too stiff. Get some .060" wire and bend a lighter one and install it straight up on the links...Truggy will now drive as good as gets. All the other set-up options on these squirrley little trucks really doesn't do enough to help gain the kind of racing feel they need at the speeds they go.

Oooh and my diff fluid currently is 5/7/2, but going to grease in all of them soon because I am tired of replacing oil. I have not driven a better handling one than mine, so I would go this rout if your serious about racing. Mine has spent some time on the scales and gone thru a bunch of changes, but this works.