R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro - O'Donnell or Byron ?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
They are both great fuels....and I don't think OD discloses the oil content. I could be wrong though....I have not tried their new fuel, nor read the label...but OD is always great stuff and Byrons is awesome too...I run Byrons..

Just don't buy into the I tried this new fuel and had to lean my needles 10 hours and now I'm getting 16 minutes on one tank...On an indoor track with two turns....My engine lasted 20 gallons, and never changed a bearing or conrod..The inside is super clean like a brand new engine with a slight film of oil....My engine is faster and never flames out now....

I agree there are no miracle fuels... However I have seen first hand the need to substantially alter the needle settings from one fuel to another...As well have seen some of the boutique fuels deliver more power and more runtime then some of the major off the shelf brands..... The needle adjustment maybe is due to viscosity differences, and the power maybe due to nitro content as not all 30% labeled blends have a true 30% nitro content.......