R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 03-25-2011, 06:59 AM
sizheng
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gusi
Cobra, have you read the previous post from Irgo about the issue? And do you remember we talked about reintroducing the delay some weeks ago?

Don't tell me that I need to use forward/reverse with brake, because obviously I'm using it. There are two BUGS in the software related to reverse, and if you can't detect it, then you must pass this issue to Michael or any technician. The bugs are:

* The motor rotation is not being monitored by the esc as the instructions say. To check this, run the car fast forward on the track (not on air) and brake two times. Even if the car wheels hasn't stopped in the first brake, the second one enters reverse mode. This makes unusable forward/reverse with brake in normal situations (yes, I use to brake 2 o 3 times when entering a corner, and I don't want to enter reverse accidentaly because my car IS NOT STOPPED YET)

* When running sensorless, there is no way to detect motor rotation. It would be nice to have a delay entering reverse to avoid braking twice and ENTERING REVERSE ACCIDENTALLY. I tried some other brands ESC and behaves this way, and old hobbywing software worked like this before. It was in 2010-09-17 when the delay was eliminated (this can be checked reading the firmware changelist, which says: 2.Optimize the switching of forward and backward)

Is it clear now? Are you going to report this issue to Michael as you promised some weeks ago? Hope we can have this fixed in the next release.

Best regards.
Hi, I can confirm Michael has known this problem.

Two things you may want to know:
1. Hobbywing has 1/8 ESC FW with 3rd reverse throttle to activate reverse. It's designed for the case that the buggy is in air.So It's an easy way to apply it in 1/10 scale products if it is worth.

2. There has lots of things to be considered when designing the program. As I know , now the reverse activation is not working through sensor mode. It has some methods to judge the time to reverse. But in very low forward RPM, the motor may go to reverse. No delay is because someone like that, even you delay 1sec, it is also a "BUG" in their words.Hobbywing products support sensorless mode very well , that may be a reason.
In most cases, we think only good drivers can perform such quick two times brake in the corner, and they normally do not use reverse at all.

So please DON'T think it as easy as you say, we all want to be perfect but the reality is not easy to do that. But any good suggestion and feedback is welcome and will help the new products better!

Regards,
Salton

Last edited by sizheng; 03-25-2011 at 07:14 AM.