R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Odonnells .21 SS Engine Mods?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 05:41 AM
nitroexpress
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
I disagree with you. Look arround on the net and you will find lots of do it yourself articles about porting an engine. Porting will not gain power but it makes the engine better in idle, spinning up and can give it slightly more RPM.
Also a tiny small change on the cranktiming can do a noticeabel increase of performance.
Raising the sleeve with modded headshims does change intake and exhaust timings, it is a thing anyone can try and it can also be undone.
I find it interesting that every engine modder claims to be able to achieve more power and in some cases, more mileage. So if I mod my RB C6, I can make it a better engine than Rody designed? If modding was so across the board good, that would seem to indicate that people who make a living designing engines may not know what their doing? Just saying.

Fanging and turbo cuts really don't help that much. I would think the changing of crank and port timing would be too much for most people. Takes the right tools and experience to beat Rody at his game.