R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lohan
The foolish arguing is really annoying - and this unfortunately is no help at all - due to the little tiffs genuine questions go un-answered on this thread.

I personally think that the genuine and real weekness with Hobbywing speedo is a lack of driveability and modulation. Tekin overcome this with 'push control' and having tried a friends car - I think hobbywing should try and emulate this
I have to say, that the first time I drove the HW stock software with some suggested settings (that I think I got from here), it felt awful... like it would punch out the corner, stall, then the boost would kick in and it'd be off... very very difficult to drive smoothly, and modulate the throttle properly
If I remember rightly this was with a low boost start RPM and a high DDRS setting. I remember thinking at the time that is felt like the DDRS was giving the initial kick, and then the low start RPM robbed some of the intial boost (causing the stall).

Adjusting those settings has made the speedo a lot lot smoother to drive. Would be worth a try...

Ed