R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
tdr170
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Ok this always seems to be a problem for me so i must have missed the trick somewhere.

just opened a brand new flash
just opened a brand new clutch

the flash comes with a 7mm cone, somewhere I had a 5 mm long cone but that didnt make any difference

anyways. I put it to gether.

I tried shimming it I have tried shimming it like how the book says

I have 2 full packs of mugen shims does to really matter where i put them the result is the same a lock clutch bell on the disk and i am not really even tighting it down.

in the past the ONLY way i have been able to make this work is to sand by hand the back side of the taper cone that the fly wheel goes on.

I am tired of sanding so it stops with this assembly.

what am I doing wrong, do I have the wrong cone, because i have tried more then one and cant seem to get it, am i shimming it wrong, I have tried shimming it inside the bell near the spring, I have tried shimming it near the in the location the direction call out by the trust bearing that makes it worse.

my clutch i ran at the winter nats, i sanded the cone by hand i have shims located inside the bell near the spring it works but i would like to improve and no longer have to sand

please help

thanks
Actually you should end up with shims in 2 places.
The first place you should shim is to the outside of the thrust bearing to set shoe clearance then you will add shims between the clutch spring nut and the inside bearing of the clutch bell to set end play.