R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Turnigy Trackstar 150A 1/8 scale brushless esc?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:22 AM
mc4798
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
A simple thread on a new budget ESC has turned into MaDnEsS! Does it really matter what ESC you run? Really? It doesnt make you a bad guy, patriot, american or terrorest. LOL.... If you can afford Tekin or Castle then buy all means buy it, there great! If you cant afford it then buy Hobbywing. If you cant afford HW, then buy a Turnigy or Hobbyking! If you have the money, but watch what you spend or try to find decent stuff at good prices thats fine too! Gesh! This thread is gonna get shut down guys. Were all adults, well most of us. I love my Castle stuff, and my "Chinese" stuff! I love America, but will buy from Hobbyking. My Castle stuff is great and when theres a problem there great and the quick to fix it. I do have to agree that Hobbywing makes some of the most durable and reliable ESC's Ive ever used. I have put them to the test and they never break a sweat!
As for Castle making stuff in the USA and China. The CC guy said on the Tech in the big arguement over the Leapord Hobby motors that Castle's ESC's are made in the USA factory in KS. They use US and Chinese parts, but there assembled my americans in America. They have a factory in China where they make the motors. He said it was the only way to produce them at a reasonable cost. But there production and QC are overseen by Castle.
Lets face it guys! We support China about every time we buy anything anywhere. It sucks, but thats the way it is.
God Bless and I hope we can all just talk RC peacefully!
+1000 Couldnt agree more.