R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW TRACK AT PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARK IN NEW ALEXANDRIA PA
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Adam SMYH
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rob martin
Not puttin anyone down but i love how these people who've never owned a track have these dreams of running multiple tracks. Its hard enough to run 1 track.... I'll be the first to say it... ill beleive it when i see it. Especially after last year with chris doing it.
Originally Posted by rob martin
IMO thats is the one of the biggest problems .. Theres only so many racers within the western/central part of this state. With places out west like lcrc and other tracks guys arent goin to waste a raceday racing at a track where theres 1/5ths running on the same track as 1/10. It just wont work..(unless he plans on having multiple tracks like ive heard)) When u race on the same day with 2 diffrent facilitys thats gonna automatically cut the racers in half. Right now in this area your main group(i would say 90%or more) race at Mcculloughs. There are weekends at Mcculloughs where the turnouts are not too great and Mcculloughs track has been around for awhile and attracts out of state people etc on a week to week basis. Another thing to mention word of mouth is a big thing. I know alot of people wont go back out to PRP because of what chris did. Im not saying this new guy wont do a better job but alot of people just dont take this prp thing seriously and look at it as more of a basher session. I mean just looking at the size of the track that was listed in a earlier post (180' x 115') that IMO cuts out 1/10 scale right off the bat. Thats a pretty big size and is geared more towards 1/8th 1/5th etc. I would really like to see another track in the area but all of this talk about 1/18th track,1/8th track,1/10 track etc I think is a big joke. Like i said it's hard enough to bring in racers for 1 track and maintain 1 track. Especially for people(adam) that have zero race experience building or running a track. Im done with my rant here but like i said i wish them the best
well i hope to see you out there because it all comes down to who is running it and how it is ran. once you see the lay out off the tracks you will see how we can run so many different classes and we can make arrangements for different classes to run on different days. once we see how many guys are there and what they are running, it will be scheduled accordingly.