R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Turnigy Trackstar 150A 1/8 scale brushless esc?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM
K-Note72
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FTSC10
You just dont get it.

PS, my finances are none of your business, my opinion has nothing to do with me having, or not having the financial backing to buy whatever.

What you dont realize is, you're screwing Castle over by buying these inferior knockoff's, CC put all of the effort,time,money,research and tooling into making these speedos{that HK copied}..basically you support theft in a roundabout way..

If you're so hard up for money, maybe you should live within your grasps, and either purchase USED equipment, or RC vehicles that do not require such high power equipment to operate.

It's sad that YOU dont see the bigger picture here..which is, if castle creations had'nt put the effort,time,money,research and tooling into making the equipment they do, YOU wouldnt have the oportunity to even purchase this HK knockoff junk, it's also sad that some of you either dont know, or simply dont care enough to support the very people and companies that support US as hobbyists.

HK couldnt give a shit less about hobbyists, its very easy to tell that they are in it purely for the profits, and nothing else. so when you pony out the dough for that 100 dollar knock off speedo, and whatever the motor costs, and it fails and HK doesnt warranty it out, or it takes you 8 months to get a new one, maybe you will then realize the BIGGER picture here.
The bigger picture here is that CC doesn't believe that they should be price competitive, even where the same idea can be done cheaper and adjusts to a recession. True, they did put all that effort into R&D, but I'm very sure that their sales so far have already covered that expense. If they haven't, that brings up the horrible truth that their R&D methods are horribly inefficient & need to be changed. The materials price surely isn't the issue here, like all tech product suppliers they get parts from asia.

True, it sucks for them that their design is copied & produced under another label, but if it was such a crime then they should have patented it. If it cant be patented, that means its free game. Otherwise, quit whining about it.

millions of people download shared music/videos/software everyday, but if the crime was so extreme then those millions would be searched out & fined for it. There's lots of copies of microsoft office programs floating around the internet. Wanna know what microsoft did in response to this? THEY LOWERED THEIR PRICES!!!!! Even with a lower price, they still maintained a profit to cover their expenses on it. If CC did that, they'd be in the clear, simple as that.

Unlike your OPINION of HK, I actually did alot of interviewing & research on HK's customer service record and found it to be satisfactory to all i interviewed. True, their stuff is all off-brand and some of it copies, but they easily compare to top brands at competitive prices. Of all the people I interviewed, their HK products have been running strong for quite a while, some even longer than name brands. Among many, cheaper Turnigy's rate much better than top-o-the-line Maxamps.

Whats pretty funny is is my kits, other than buying the power systems my only real expense is from "name brand" parts that fail. My Slash had a Venom Nimh that went dead, it lasted shorter than my custom-made one did. My $190 maxamps lipo crapped out after 6 months, at a usage rate of 5 runs a week. If the cheaper knockoffs work equally or even better than the name brand ones, ill stick with the knockoffs thank you very much