R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 AM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Thanks again niznai and daign,

youīre damn right. Itīs also a fun class for me, and very much connected to scale and optic reasons. Thatīs why I donīt like shrunk "Touring car Race bodies" for a mini...
My mini is a fun between my touring car races and a Sunday fun racer, too.
Nevertheless, I want to perform it as best as possible, and will definitely try some fine tuning. You always learn something at it.
In the moment I run the TRF shocks with 3mm rebound and a red foam insert.
A secret view on the winners maintenance I saw him building his shocks with full rebound. This is also worth a try, as I never tried it (not even on my Touring cars).
With the damper setting Iīm in the meanwhile far off the kits setting, as itīs way to stiff in my eyes. When I hit a kerb slightly, I flew off massive.
So I use in the meantime 3 hole pistons front with 300 Tamiya oil, 2 hole rear drilled up to 1,7mm also with 300 Tamiya oil. Ball diff Ta03, rather smooth. Its the best compromise for me at the moment. The bevel gear diff locked with anti wear grease is a bit too much on the tracks I run and gave too much understeer in quick curve passages...

One question to ground clearance: When lowering the car, do you do it by reducing spring preload to keep some droop or do you shorten the dampers and preload the springs a bit more than usual? What are your opinions here?

BR,
Matthias