R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Chrissy C
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, new to the Tamiya cars and I have a TA05 V2 R on its way, i have read a lot of this thread and have got the general idea of parts campatable etc, but still have some unanswered questions, if you lot could help on the following it would be a big help...

1) The suspension on the R is the short reversible kind right? Does this mean that C-Hubs and steering knuckles of the 416 and 417 fit..as do drive shafts / axles etc?

2) The R comes with TB03 blocks 1C and 1E and Ver II seperate blocks 1C - 1XC and 1A - 1XA...what does that mean lol! How much rear toe will this give me and what blocks/combo of blocks will i need to get to achieve 2, 2.5, 3 deg of rear toe at standard track width?

3) Are there any rear hub carriers with built in toe available? (carbon plastic and original Tamiya preferable)

4) I have the white spring kit (49382) coming, but that is listed as 'hard' - would springs are included? Is there another set of TRF white springs with softer ratings available or is the black short spring set the only other option?

5) Do the 416/417 diffs crossover to the TA05 and is there a Tamiya gear diff out yet?

Lots of questions there, thanks everyone in advance for your help.

Chris