R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - advice needed
Thread: advice needed
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Taxman
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope to find some help in the pits. I am sure someone can hep even if it's someone that works at the hobby store that puts on the race.

And the reason for used, is I dont like to waste money on something I may not like. If I buy new then dont want to keep doing it 2 months from now, then I only get 50-75% of my money back because it is not new any longer. If I buy used and need to sell it I can recoupe nealry if not all of my initial investment. And if I continue to race and need to buy a new motor and or other parts, I am probably at or less the new cost it could have been.

I'm self employed and just quit racing real cars. I ran IHRA Top Dragster for a few years at about 50k per year, and also raced Dirt modifieds a couple of seasons until last year, and Late model stock cars before those. So spending a few thousand to have fun for a year isnt anything really. Not that I like to spend the money but I am not ready to sit and watch grass grow all day either. I need to have fun doing something.

I would like to keep the entire investment under 1000.00 to start. Thats for 2 cars and everything I need to go race them. And I will price shop something to absolute death before I pull the trigger. I like to get good deals. I guess thats the business man in me.