R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro vs. Electric
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:40 AM
mgtmadness2007
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like running electric but not the charging time of lipo batteries. 2 5000Mah lipos was taking hours and hours and hours of charging at the max of 5 amps of the max Charge rate of the venom charger I used. Especially charging 2 of them at a time which seem to take alot longer.

Seems I would need a better charger($250 one hyperion) to charge at a higher amp to make them charge faster.

I may try elec buggy again if I can afford the initial cost of elec.
$250 charger
$300-320 speed controller and motor combo(lrp or tekin combo)
200-250 dollar pair(2 lipos) of name brand good lipos(no 10 dollar soft case cheap batteries)(reedy or orion hard case 5000mah+ batteries)
350-1000 dollar buggy.

I may stick with nitro as my initial investment would ONLY be
Buggy-$250-$1000
Servos-$150-200(could swipe from my other nitro though)??
Fuel-??(already have a couple gallons left)
Engine??( I ALREADY HAVE)
header and pipe??( already have)

Both elec. and nitro for me I would need another receiver, but cant find them as they arent made anymore for my M11 DSSS.

For what is best for me and my budget Nitro would be the better choice as my budget is between 7-11k a of year total income, actual budget for RC is considerably less though.

My elec. brushless lipo sc10 was pretty fun though and so was the e-buggy of my brothers. I liked the caster buggy of my brothers better than the losi 2.0 I test drove a few laps(nitro).