R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8ight 2.0 RTR - Throttle Linkage and return spring
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 PM
tasi
Tech Apprentice

hi,

My first post here probably...I've been looking around for eight and eight t miscellaneous info and I bumped into this...and like to share my 2cents as well.

The way I've setup the linkage could be kind of peculiar, as I've never read the manual (just vertically scanned the pictures for useful info but none for me there).

The way I have it never caused a problem for me, either bash or race day for a long time now....

1. On your regular setup, loosen up the carb screw that is holding the carb into the crankcase. Far enough to be able to give it a play with your hand or even remove it for the setup.
2. activate your electronics and pull on your throttle trigger. You will notice that the servo pulls the carb barrel out in an angle consequently turning your lose carb body as well. The position that the carb stops at end point is your neutral.
3. Tighten your screws up and its ready.
4. In regards with the throttle return spring, its always best to use one in case of power disconnection..BUT...you need to have really strong servos to be able to move that sucker, which means high power drain and expensive servos....So just do a good job on your wiring and discard the spring.
5. For both servos, throttle and steering always make sure to use the plastic brackets/bases provided with the servo. The chassis is really tight and this little things will give you enough clearance at the servo body. If not your servo will work under constant restraint until it snaps....

Hope the above is helpful...