R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 03-08-2011, 04:52 PM
IndyHobbies.com
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Indyhobbies, I have some Goodyear decals for 1/10 scale tires. I will throw them in my pit box if you plan on racing at R/Car in Indy this Sunday.

Another detailing option that you can do with the HPI Vintage tires is to paint the raised letters on the wheels with a paint pen (I used an acrylic paint pen from Testors). If you have a steady hand you can dab/lightly touch the raised lettering with the paint pen. The best part is if you make a mistake you can scratch the paint off with a toothpick or straight pin/safety pin.

If I get motivated today, I will post a picture of a tire with painted HPI raised letters. However, I believe somewhere in this thread someone has already posted the same results.
We plan on coming again Sunday, yes.

The tires you did look great! I know they are mostly just for pictures. Probably rub off pretty soon, but, taking a nice photo of scale looking car is a fun thing to do.

I have a paint pen in white and yellow. So, I will give it a try. I have a steady hand, except after cup of coffee #4.

Those blue wheels would look great on my first VTA body. This is back before it had hit the wall 300 times.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scott'sVTACamaro.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	719795