R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
This past weekend we had a new racer show up ready to race his new car with a rec pack. He turns on the car and humm nothing to the rear wheels, confused the first question asked is the rec pack charged. Yes he says but still no motor, so we pulg in the hotwire to check all the settings. Everything is ok and should be working fine, after ten minutes of fustration he puts the rec pack on the charger only to find that the pack was not charged as he thought it was . As a result of all this he missed his heat, now while you as an experienced racer might not make this mistake had he been using a booster he would not have missed his heat. This is just a real example of an advantage to using the booster

And point taken in this regard. I guess as an experienced racer I tend to take these things for granted. I can also tell you though, that I have seen a less experienced racer ruin a speedo because of the wiring involved in running a booster. Of course after we hit the GP3300 era, we didn't have to worry about any of this untill we switched to LIPO.....Hmmmm.