R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Beginner in nitro what buggy should i get?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM
ntrain42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i, ran a losi eight 1.0 and a eight-t 1.0 with some 2.0 upgrades and it does drive good the slop in the supension dint bother me but the steering slop and how quick the drivetrain weared did .

for, a beginner the way i heard the rc8b drives and the weight of it compared to the losi buggys sounds like it whould be good for a beginner to drive.

the, losi buggy is pretty fishtaily in the rear if your not smooth on the throttle even the "2.0 buggys" are from what ive heard on here and i know a beginner isnt smooth on the throttle.

i , would just get a kit insend of a rtr the engine on rtr dont last past 2 gallons usally and you can get the joy of building a kit and learing the setups etc.
I really don't agree with anything here.

A. The Losi 8ight 2.0 has so many adjustments to alter that you can very easily make the vehicle drive correctly without any fishtailing. The engine it comes with is VERY STRONG and also VERY DURABLE, so learning how to setup the vehicle is key. Something you need to learn how to do whether ur a beginner or pro.

B. The Losi engine is VERY DURABLE. It won't last 2 gallons? Says who? People locally here are getting 6-7 gallons and more through it without needing any serious maintenance.

The RC8 RTR is also a nice kit for $400. Again a nice roller, decent engine(not as nice as the Losi's .21)the radio is OK(its an FM unit and is nowhere near as nice as the Spektrum DX3S)as well. If the Losi is out of your budget, this would be a nice second choice. Its nowhere near the same bang for the buck, but its still a good buy.