R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - True Cost to own RC Pro Buggies
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 AM
rufazz
Tech Adept

ill give you a break down on what it cost to buy from new and race one car a year.

This is australia dollors $ 4500 to be competive not including flights etc that is two motors a year one buggy plus spares radio servos etc the whole lot that is about 18 races wich included a states a couple of two day events etc

why the two motors i always ue a club motor and what i call a big meet motor states national events motor oild fuel glow plugs batteries etc etc i always buy a new car every year and about 500 bucks in spares i will also use tyres for my club racing that i used for the big events,at the big events i will use new tires every second round then retire them with 70 percent left in them for club days then arfter club days retire them for hacking running in duties etc

this is for one car and its a relastic budget to stick with

i used to race saloon cars in australia real size cars this catogory is sorpose to be the best in terms of budgt vs excitment a car alone second hand is 10 15 grand plus 15 grand a season running cost so rc seems cheep hey